I’m Wendy, and I’ve been calling Perth home since 2000. However, Busselton is my go-to spot for a quick escape from the city.
Now, if there’s one thing I love as much as the beaches, it’s coffee. Whether you’re a seasoned coffee aficionado or just need that morning cup to get going, Busselton has a great coffee scene.
In this guide, I’m going to spill the beans on my top coffee spots in Busselton. These places are not just about great coffee – they each have a different reason that makes them stand out. So, whether you’re planning a visit or just passing through, let me help you discover where you can grab the best brew in town. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
This post may contain affiliate links (of companies I book through). This means I may receive a small commission if you book through them. You can read the disclaimer for more information.
Table of Contents
Why Coffee in Busselton is Special
It’s not just about the drink; it’s about the experience. The cafes here have a knack for blending local charm with seriously good coffee.
The Margaret River region has some incredible local roasters who are passionate about their craft. These guys aren’t just making coffee; they’re creating art in a cup. The care and attention to detail that goes into each batch of beans really sets the standard high.
One thing I adore about Busselton’s cafes is their friendly community vibe.
Many of these cafes are in some of the most picturesque spots in Busselton. Imagine sipping your latte with views of the jetty or tucked away in a quaint, leafy courtyard.
I’ve noticed a growing trend towards sustainability in Busselton’s coffee scene. Many cafes are focused on ethical sourcing, reducing waste, and supporting local producers. It’s coffee with a conscience, and it tastes all the better for it.
However, I wasn’t happy that Shelter Brewing serve their coffee in take away cups.
Top Coffee Spots in Busselton
Now, let’s get to the really good stuff – my personal favorite coffee spots in Busselton. Each of these places has something unique to offer, and I’ve spent many mornings enjoying a coffee there.
1. The Goose
- Location: Just a stone’s throw from the iconic Busselton Jetty.
- What Makes It Unique: It’s beautiful location with views of the jetty and Geographe Bay.
- Recommendation: Their long black coffee was strong, so order a side of hot milk.
2. The Good Egg
- Location: Tucked away in the heart of Busselton.
- What Makes It Unique: This place is all about the art of coffee making. The baristas here are true artists, and you can taste it in every cup. Plus, the upstairs area is set up as office space – we worked from here for a few hours.
- Recommendation: Try their food too, it’s delicious.
3. Shelter Brewing
- Location: Opposite the ocean, with beautiful views.
- What Makes It Unique: With its beachside location, you get breathtaking views as you sip your coffee. Dogs are welcome here.
- Recommendation: Sit outside for the best views.
4. Brimful of Asha (previously Alan’s Cafe)
- Location: In the CBD of Busselton.
- What Makes It Unique: This spot is a favourite among locals for its friendly staff and consistent quality.
- Recommendation: Try their Eggs Benedict.
What To Order
The popular coffee orders in Busselton, reflecting the broader Australian coffee culture, typically include:
- Flat White: A staple in Australian coffee culture, the flat white is similar to a latte but with a thinner layer of microfoam. It’s known for highlighting the coffee’s flavor and is a popular choice among those who appreciate the taste of espresso balanced with the creaminess of milk.
- Long Black: Essentially an Americano, the long black is made by pouring hot water into a cup with a double shot of espresso. It’s a favorite for those (like me) who prefer a stronger, more intense coffee flavour.
- Cappuccino: A classic choice worldwide, the cappuccino in Busselton is typically made with equal parts espresso, steamed milk, and frothed milk, often finished with a sprinkle of chocolate powder on top.
- Latte: Similar to the flat white but with more steamed milk, the latte is a popular choice for those who enjoy a creamier coffee. It’s often served in a taller glass.
- Piccolo Latte: For those who want the richness of a latte in a smaller, more concentrated form, the piccolo latte is a popular choice. It’s a single espresso shot topped with warm, silky milk in a small glass.
- Iced Coffee Variations: With Busselton’s warm climate, iced coffee variations are also popular. This includes iced lattes, iced long blacks, and cold brews, which are perfect for hot summer days.
- Chai Latte: For non-coffee drinkers, the chai latte is a popular alternative. Made with spiced chai tea and steamed milk, it’s a warming, aromatic experience.
- Mocha: A treat for those who love both coffee and chocolate, the mocha combines a shot of espresso with steamed milk and chocolate, offering a sweet and indulgent coffee.
Now, I’d love to hear from you! Have you visited any of these coffee spots in Busselton? Do you have a special place that you think deserves a shoutout? Share your experiences and recommendations in the comments below. Let’s keep exploring and supporting the wonderful coffee culture of Busselton together.
And if you’re looking for more insider tips on Western Australia, check out the other articles on Western Australia Expert. From hidden beaches to the best local eats, we’ve got you covered for your next adventure in this stunning part of the world.
Share Your Journey
Share your stories, tips, and stunning photographs with us and the entire #westernaustraliaexpert community. Here’s how you can join in:
- Post on Social Media: Whether it’s Instagram, X, or Facebook, we want to see your adventures. Post your photos, videos, or write-ups and tag them with #westernaustraliaexpert.
Get Featured (coming soon)
- Spotlight on our Platforms: Each month, we’ll select the most captivating posts tagged with #westernaustraliaexpert and feature them on our social media and ‘Featured Experiences’ section on our website.
- Follow and Interact: Follow our social media channels to stay updated with the latest features, travel tips, and community stories.
- Comment and Discuss: Each post on our blog has a comment section. Feel free to share tips, ask questions, or interact with other readers.
- Join the Community: Join our friendly community and experts in our Facebook Group. Whether it’s road trip advice, accommodation suggestions, or sharing travel experiences, our forum is a space for all things travel!
Your insights not only enrich our community but also help fellow travellers in planning their perfect road trip. We can’t wait to hear about your journey – each story adds a unique travel experience.