Western Australia Travel Guides
Let Locals Help You
David was born in Perth, Western Australia, and has lived in Busselton, the Swan Valley, Perth Hills, inner Perth, and now resides in one of the northern coastal suburbs.
Wendy was born in London and moved to Perth where she married David after meeting in London. This was over 22 years ago and they now have twin teenage daughters. Wendy is the owner of Perthtravelers.
Their family has travelled extensively within Western Australia (and other states) and wants to share the beauty of WA with you.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us by email.
Western Australia Regions
The Great Southern region of Western Australia is located on the south coast, which includes a rugged coastline and tall timber forests.
Western Australia Road Trips
Perth to Albany
See the best of the South West in this epic Perth to Albany road trip, via Margaret River & Southern Forests.
Perth to Esperance
Various Perth to Esperance road trip itineraries depending on how much time you have. Choose to go via Margaret River, Albany, or Kalgoorlie.
Join our Facebook Group for more inspiration and get answers to any questions you may have.
Where to Stay in Perth
Think lush rolling green hills, boutique wineries, farm stays, delicious food, and craft breweries – that’s the Ferguson Valley.
If you’re looking for a fun adventure and natural beauty, visit Kalbarri – you won’t be stuck for natural attractions.
The Latest on Western Australia Expert
- The Best Esperance Accommodation for 2023Esperance, found in the southern part of Western Australia, is known for its natural beauty, incredible marine life, and kangaroos on the beach. There are many accommodation options, ranging from camping and caravan parks to luxury stays. This article provides you with a list of the best accommodation options in Esperance. Esperance Accommodation Summary Hotel Stars Rating Price Pool Booking.com A Tranquil Retreat 5 9.5 …
- Visit Wave Rock WA – Things to do & accommodationWave Rock is a multi-coloured granite rock shaped like a wave in the Wheatbelt town of Hyden, Western Australia. The 15m high rock is 110 m long and impressive to see up close. It’s one of the most popular tours from Perth. We visited Wave Rock as part of our Perth to Esperance road trip. In this extensive travel guide, you will find out what …
- The Best Luxury Escapes Perth 2023When looking for a break from everyday life, luxury escapes in Perth are a perfect option. With world-class hotels and resorts close at hand, it’s easy to find the ideal place to relax and enjoy the best of Perth. Should you choose Fremantle for its beautiful waterfront views and bar scene, the scenic Perth Hills, or something more luxurious in the heart of Perth? Luxury …
- Best Perth City Hotels – Great Choices for Visitors 2022This comprehensive guide to the best Perth city hotels includes all options from budget to luxury. So whether you’re looking for a place to stay for a night or want longer to explore the city, we’ve got just what you need. As Perth locals, we have stayed in numerous Perth hotels over the years. I only choose accommodation that has a high rating with excellent …
- Perth Getaways – Amazing Ideas for 2023If you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, then check out these Perth getaways. As locals, we’ve been on numerous weekends and longer trips around Western Australia. From coastal towns to rural farms, there’s plenty of inspiration for your next break. Weekend Getaways from Perth There’s nothing like a weekend escape with friends and family to recharge the …
- Things To Do in Mandurah | A Local’s Helpful AdviceIf you’re looking for a getaway in Mandurah, there are plenty of things to do. From boat hire to art trails or swimming at one of the stunning beaches, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Mandurah has grown from a small seaside town to Western Australia’s largest regional city. The Bindjareb people, the traditional owners of the land, knew Mandurah by the name of Mandjoogoordap, …
Join my email list to receive the latest articles directly in your inbox