Western Australia Travel Guides
Let Locals Help You
David was born in Perth, Western Australia, and has lived in Busselton, the Swan Valley, Perth Hills, inner Perth, and now resides in one of the northern coastal suburbs.
Wendy was born in London and moved to Perth where she married David after meeting in London. This was over 22 years ago and they now have twin teenage daughters. Wendy is the owner of Perthtravelers.
Their family has travelled extensively within Western Australia (and other states) and wants to share the beauty of WA with you.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us by email.
Western Australia Regions
The Great Southern region of Western Australia is located on the south coast, which includes a rugged coastline and tall timber forests.
Join our Facebook Group for more inspiration and get answers to your any questions you may have.
Western Australia Road Trips
Perth to Albany
See the best of the South West in this epic Perth to Albany road trip, via Margaret River & Southern Forests.
Perth to Esperance
Various Perth to Esperance road trip itineraries depending on how much time you have. Choose to go via Margaret River, Albany, or Kalgoorlie.
Think lush rolling green hills, boutique wineries, farm stays, delicious food, and craft breweries – that’s the Ferguson Valley.
If you’re looking for a fun adventure and natural beauty, visit Kalbarri – you won’t be stuck for natural attractions.
The Latest on Western Australia Expert
- Things To Do in Mandurah | A Local’s Helpful AdviceIf you’re looking for a getaway in Mandurah, there are plenty of things to do. From boat hire to art trails or swimming at one of the stunning beaches, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Mandurah has grown from a small seaside town to Western Australia’s largest regional city. The Bindjareb people, the traditional owners of the land, knew Mandurah by the name of Mandjoogoordap, …
- 50 Enjoyable Things To Do in Perth City | Local’s Epic ListOur hometown of Perth is a small city in the Australian state of Western Australia. Some of the best things to do in Perth city include exploring the city’s culture and history, dining out, walking through one of the many parks, and seeing local wildlife. The City of Perth is popular with tourists who visit for its picturesque scenery, world-class restaurants, and sunny weather. This …
- Perth Bridges Walk Loop 10 km – One of Perth’s Best WalksThe Perth Bridges Walk, one of the best walks in Perth, takes you in a 10 km loop around the Swan River between the Narrows and Causeway Bridges. Start the loop at any point and see places of interest along the way, including South Perth foreshore, Elizabeth Quay, and Riverside Drive. This flat trail is a popular run and cycle path, too – we often bike …
- Perth Street Art – Discover the 24 BestLooking for some of the best Perth street art? Just wander around the city, and it’s easy to find in the lanes and streets. There are not only works of art by Australian artists but many international ones too. Some of Perth’s most famous street art can be found in Wolf Lane, Fremantle, Subiaco, and Leederville. Check out some of our favorite pieces and enjoy …
- Lake Leschenaultia | A Perfect Family Day TripLake Leschenaultia is a beautiful, crystal-clear recreational lake in the Perth hills. The surrounding countryside is picturesque and the perfect place to take a family day trip or a camping weekend. Plenty of water- and land-based activities keep everyone entertained, like hiking, biking, fishing, and kayaking. If you’re looking for a relaxing day out, this beautiful lake is the perfect spot. Where is Lake Leschenaultia? …
- Margaret River Chocolate Factory 2022 Review | Chocolate BlissThe original Margaret River Chocolate Factory opened in the Margaret River wine region of Western Australia in 1999. After its success, Margaret River Chocolate Factory Swan Valley opened in 2000, followed by a concept store in Perth’s CBD. The factory is a major tourist attraction that produces chocolate bars, chocolates, and other confectionery items. We always visit this attraction when we are in Margaret River …
Join my email list to receive the latest articles directly in your inbox