Western Australia Travel Guides
Let Locals Help You
David was born in Perth, Western Australia, and has lived in Busselton, the Swan Valley, Perth Hills, inner Perth, and now resides in one of the northern coastal suburbs.
Wendy was born in London and moved to Perth where she married David after meeting in London. This was over 22 years ago and they now have twin teenage daughters. Wendy is the owner of Perthtravelers.
Their family has travelled extensively within Western Australia (and other states) and wants to share the beauty of WA with you.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us by email.
Western Australia Regions
The Great Southern region of Western Australia is located on the south coast, which includes a rugged coastline and tall timber forests.
Western Australia Road Trips
Perth to Albany
See the best of the South West in this epic Perth to Albany road trip, via Margaret River & Southern Forests.
Perth to Esperance
Various Perth to Esperance road trip itineraries depending on how much time you have. Choose to go via Margaret River, Albany, or Kalgoorlie.
Join our Facebook Group for more inspiration and get answers to any questions you may have.
Where to Stay in Perth
Think lush rolling green hills, boutique wineries, farm stays, delicious food, and craft breweries – that’s the Ferguson Valley.
If you’re looking for a fun adventure and natural beauty, visit Kalbarri – you won’t be stuck for natural attractions.
The Latest on Western Australia Expert
- Cable Beach Broome – Insiders Guide 2023Cable Beach Broome is a stunning location in the Kimberley and home to one of the most iconic beaches in Western Australia. It’s a sight to behold, with the white sand and sparkling blue ocean standing out against the contrasting red ochre cliffs, which are particularly stunning around sunset. This popular tourist attraction has plenty of activities to keep visitors entertained and offers many accommodation …
- Whiteman Park – A Detailed Guide for 2023Whiteman Park is a beautiful and popular tourist spot in Western Australia. It is home to a number of interesting attractions, including a wildlife park, forest, and a steam train. There are also activities to enjoy, such as hiking and cycling. Read on for all the information you need to enjoy a day at Whiteman Park. Whiteman Park Opening Hours Whiteman Park is open daily …
- Perth Weather – Best Time to Visit PerthPerth’s beautiful beaches are a popular tourist spot in Western Australia, but the city can be sweltering in the summer. When to visit Perth is typically determined by its weather and what activities interest you. Perth weather is usually hot and dry in summer with wet, cool winters. The coastal breeze is a welcome relief during the summer months, but it can sometimes be very …
- Moving to Perth: Everything to know before you migrateHey there, future Perth-ers! If you’ve been dreaming of upping sticks and making the big move to Perth, Australia, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve been there and done that, and we’ve got the inside scoop on what you need to consider before your big move. From the cost of living and transportation to jobs, culture, and everything in between, we’ve got you …
- Mount Barker WA – The Best of What the Town Has to OfferMount Barker is the gateway to Western Australia’s South Coast and a popular stop for visitors travelling between Perth and Albany. The small agricultural town, known as Pwakkenbak to the local Noongar People, is a great base for wildflower walks, hikes, and wine tasting. Mount Barker is also home to several historical buildings. Mount Barker Location Mount Barker is a town in the Great Southern …
- Discover the Best Accommodation in Exmouth WA for 2023If you’re looking for a place to stay, you’ll want to check out options for the best accommodation in Exmouth, Western Australia. Here, you’ll find a range of properties perfect for any budget, and each one offers its unique set of features. We not only visited Exmouth as part of a Perth to Exmouth road trip but are local to WA and have lots of …
Join my email list to receive the latest articles directly in your inbox