This post may contain affiliate links (of companies I book through). This means I may receive a small commission if you book through them. You can read the disclaimer for more information.
Where is RAC Busselton Holiday Park?
International and domestic visitors will fly into Perth Airport. Find details about visas, prohibited items, currency, and safety in this Australia Travel Guide and tips on arriving into WA and other essential travel information in this Western Australia Travel Guide.
Busselton is in Western Australia’s South West, about 230 km south of Perth.
The main highway leads straight from Perth and it’s a straight road most of the way. It will get you there from Perth in under 3 hours.
Why not combine this with a Perth to Albany Road Trip?
There are car hire booths at Perth Airport, but it’s best to pre-book your car rental.
To compare Australian car hire prices, Discover Cars is an award-winning car rental comparison website. They offer competitive pricing in over 10,000 locations worldwide and are highly rated.
DriveNow is a good resource to compare campervan hire in Western Australia. It includes all the large companies like Britz, Maui, & Jucy as well as smaller ones.
Compare Rental Cars Here.
RAC Busselton Holiday Park Review
RAC Busselton Holiday Park is a 300 m walk to the beach at Geographe Bay but is set on eight hectares of natural bushland.
The massive Peppermint trees not only provide shade in our hot summers but are home to the endangered ring tail possums. If you keep a look out at night, you will see them scurrying around (look by the pool area which is where we saw them).
Accommodation in RAC Busselton Holiday Park
There are a few accommodation options to choose from at RAC Busselton, including motel-style rooms, self-contained cabins, powered and unpowered sites plus ensuite sites.
The chalets can be quite expensive but you are paying for the use of all their facilities, which will save you money if you have kids!
My choice is usually the ensuite sites. This is a camping site with the use of your own private bathroom. It has a toilet, shower, sink and enough room to get ready and provides extra storage. You have your own key so no one else has access to it.
These sites are located at the back of the park and overlook natural bushland. Bath and hand towels are supplied as are toiletries.
RAC Busselton Holiday Park Facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- 2 Large Swimming Pools (one of which is heated during winter school holidays)
- On-Site Kiosk
- Air Conditioning in Cabins
- Free use of BBQs
- Gazebos for eating outside
- Basketball Area
- Football Goals
- Games Room including table tennis, soccer table, and pool table
- Children’s Playground
- Soccer Nets
- Jumping Pillow
- 9 Hole Mini Golf
- BMX Bike Track
- Cricket Pitch
- Nature Play Area
- Peddle Cars and Bikes For Hire
- Modern & Large Camp Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Fish Cleaning Area
- Dump Point for Chemical Toilets
Our Thoughts on RAC Busselton Holiday Park
- Location – close to Busselton, the beach but surrounded by nature.
- Price – the campsites provide great value for money.
- Cleanliness – the camp is kept very clean including the camp kitchen, amenities blocks, BBQs and outside areas.
- Facilities – as you can tell there is a lot to do here for children and they have additional attractions during school holidays like camel rides (at an additional cost) and movie nights. It is extremely kid friendly.
- Eco-Friendly – they have been Eco-Certified by Eco Tourism Australia for many initiatives including a composting program, installation of 66 solar panels which have reduced their emissions by around 53 tonnes per year, planted over 160 native trees and have a possum protection program to protect the endangered ring tail possum.
- Size – Sites are spread out so even in peak season you don’t feel like you are crammed in. They are approximately 10m x 10m in size.
- Noise – They have a noise restriction policy from 10 pm to 8 am.
- Kiosk – The kiosk is handy to buy your ice or exchange your gas bottle.
If you are looking for a family holiday that has plenty for the kids to do, then this is the place for you.
RAC Busselton Holiday Park Contact Details
You can find RAC Busselton Holiday Park at: 97 Caves Road, Abbey, Busselton Western Australia 6280
Free Call: 1800 871 570
Telephone: +61 8 9755 4241
Reception Hours are 8am – 6pm, 7 days a week.
This detailed travel guide provides information on all the regions that make up Australia’s South West. Read about the destinations, including what to do and where to stay.Read More….
Save Money Planning Your Trip
Click on the links, which will take you directly to the website.
We mainly use Booking.com for accommodation as they consistently have the lowest rates with free cancellation on most properties.
For pet sitting in Western Australia and worldwide, we are members of Trusted Housesitters. Free accommodation for pet and house sitting.
Car Rental 🚘
To compare rental car company prices, we use Discover Cars, an award-winning car rental comparison website. They offer competitive pricing in over 10,000 locations worldwide and are highly rated.
Campervan/RV Rental 🚐
DriveNow is a good resource to compare campervan hire in Western Australia as it includes all the large companies like Britz, Maui, and Jucy as well as smaller ones.
Travel Insurance 🌏
If you found this RAC Busselton Holiday Park review helpful, please consider booking through one of our links. It won’t cost you anything but will help towards the cost of running this site. Thank you.